How to Create a new Obituary on WikiObits.com
We created the Wiki Obituary project so everyone can participate in celebrating the lives and legacies of people all over the world and in every walk of life. And, we need your help. All of our editors are volunteers and we rely on them to create, update and manage the obituary information in our system. Of course it is free for you to add obits and we appreciate your help.
To create a new obituary page follow these steps:
- Ensure that there isn't already an obituary on our system in the person's name. Use the Search page to check.
If you find an obituary for a person with the same name, you have two options:
- If the obituary you locate is for the same person that you were going to add, edit the existing obituary instead.
- If the person that you are adding is a different person but has the same name, you will have to request a disambiguation page.
- Locate the corresponding Category page where your new obituary should reside.
- Click the "'New Obituary" button on your selected Category page.
- Fill in all of the biographical and legacy information as indicated on the page.
- Within a day or two, one of our volunteer editors will review the information that you posted on the new obituary and hopefully we will display it on our site.